[tex-live] context

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Oct 15 01:14:51 CEST 2007

    I appreciate all your hard work on TexLive. But I noticed that the
    context you are shipping is pretty dated (2005).

The ConTeXt shipped with TL 2007 was current at the time of release (Feb
2007 or so).  Taco took care of updating it in TL himself (thanks Taco :).

As Norbert said, perhaps the scripts' dates were misleading you ...

    Any plans to upgrade to a more recent version? I would like to see
    it incorporated.

In general, we only update the programs when we are approaching a
release, and right now we're not.  In the next release, we'll again take
the stable version of context that is current at the time.

If you want the latest context in the meantime, you're best off getting
it from pragma, as far as I know.

Best,
Karl