[tex-live] Removed mathtime fonts -> missing metrics for belleek

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu May 24 23:10:04 CEST 2007

I find the belleek/mathtime situation completely confusing and
confused.  I do not know what to do.

Obviously, the goal for TL is to support belleek.  Unfortunately, I was
told most of the metrics and packages are for mathtime and did not work
for belleek.  That's why I took them out.

A thorough review of the situation would be very helpful, so that we can
properly support belleek in TL.

> What is the license status of these metrics?

I do not know if we ever actually had a good license statement for these
metrics (or lots of others).

> times-like math in Plain TeX

Another alternative is to do whatever is done by the latex mathptmx
package, although I imagine the result is less complete than belleek.

karl