[tex-live] Comment on Re: TeXLive-CD/DVD (Installation)

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu May 24 12:44:33 CEST 2007

2007/5/24, Oliver Bandel <oliver at first.in-berlin.de>:

> Or when you use the system-near functions (Unix-API) of
> C or use aequivalent functions of a scripting language
> or programming language, then you will get a char*
> or a string type, and the problem of spaces and needed
> quotings is gone.
>
> So, shells are not really good in this respect.

Sure. I know how to do it with DosStartSession in OS/2 and eCS. Its
API differs from *x and Windows. Would the developers like to provide
such mechanisms for all platforms? I am afraid not. I am glad that I
have OS/2 ports of bash, perl and GNU utils and the scripts from TL
work for me.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/