[tex-live] TeXLive-CD/DVD (Installation)

Oliver Bandel oliver at first.in-berlin.de
Tue May 22 03:02:11 CEST 2007

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 07:44:35PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
>        anyway the standard "cp" ("copy" on windows) upon the given list.
>
> That may be true with the Windows installer, I can't say, but it's not
> true on Unix.  We use the "lists" files to make file lists and then use
> tar to move them wholesale, instead of invoking cp on each list.

BTW: how will *.sh be used on windows?
If never seen that running there ;-)

So, if a binary must run on all platforms,
a script must also.

If there is a distinction between these OS's,
using different installation tools, then
it should also be possible to use binaries,
created from same source, compiled to native
code for those platforms... ?!

Ciao,
   Oliver