[tex-live] TeXLive-CD/DVD (Installation)

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Tue May 22 02:33:42 CEST 2007

Ehhh!... I think that we missed the main point on that huge disscussion:
1. installing from the DVD needs any list for what has to be copied
2. regardless of used method (perl, sh, ...) of the installer, it uses
   anyway the standard "cp" ("copy" on windows) upon the given list.

That's the main problem and that's why installing from the DVD ~40000
files takes so long time. So, please, concentrate how to overcome it.
Any idea is welcome.

Thanks,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz