[tex-live] Non-free parts within TeXLive 2007

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Tue May 15 12:51:24 CEST 2007

Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> writes:

> Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
>>
>> OK, the windoes lib is not the problem, also I can skip dvi2tty
>> but what is about mreadme.tex from ConTeXt?
>
> Have you read it?
>
> The file simply describes the fact that the manuals are released
> under the Creative Commons "Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike"
> license.  And sure enough, non of the manuals are on TeXLive.
>
> I don't see the problem.

Considering the general bemoaning of a lack of ConTeXt manuals
(whether for money or free) directed at the common user, I must say
that I find this license choice surprising.  It would not appear to me
to serve the interests of the ConTeXt developers to stop any
commercial endeavor of providing ConTeXt documentation.

--
David Kastrup