[tex-live] The texconfig program

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri May 11 19:31:35 CEST 2007

  > The first sentence of Section 4.1 says to use the program
  > texconfig to perform said configuration and that it is installed
  > in the subdirectory TEXDIR/bin/arch.  I have searched the C:
  > drive, where TeX Live 2007 was installed, and the is no TEXDIR
  > subdirectory anywhere.

On Windows some things are different and there is an extra section in
the manual.  texconfig is the a UNIX shell script.  On Windows you
have to use the installer instead.

  > The first sentence of Section 4, Post-Installation, of "The TeX
  > Live Guide TeX Live 2007" says that for *any* operating system
  > additional steps must be taken to configure the system.

Some post-installation steps are done by the installer itself at the
end of the installation process.  If you launch the installer again,
it will start in maintenance mode.  Then you can configure your
system.  The easiest way to start the installer is to insert the DVD.
You can probably start it from the program menu, but if you want to
add packages you need the DVD anyway.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25