[tex-live] Running Live - no access to C drive

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Sat Mar 31 09:59:32 CEST 2007

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 02:40:42AM +0200, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

>   > On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 01:05:19PM +0100, Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
>
>   > Here is the script in-line:
>
>   > ' Prepare a Windows system for running TeX Live from dvd.  '
>   > [...]
>
> Hi Siep,
> I think that your script is very useful, though I looked into it
> quite briefly, and I'm not familiar with VBS anyway.
>
> Do you indend to put the script into TL-2008?  If yes, it should
> contain a copyright note.

Wouldn't it be better to make the Windows version of tlpmgui
suitable for portable use? All it would take is using %USERPROFILE%
instead of the root of the c:-drive, better Ghostscript-detection
and a different policy for handling pre-installed Ghostscript, Perl
and TeX.

> The version number of ghostscript appears in the program.  Maybe
> it's better to define a variable "gs_version" at the top of the file.

This is the Emacs startup code from Poti. The vbscript tries to find
traces of Ghostscript in the registry and gets the version number
from there. Of course, you could use vbscript or another language to
write / edit an emacs startup file.

--
Siep Kroonenberg