[tex-live] buf-size

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Mar 31 03:52:09 CEST 2007

  > Last year I recall that we discussed increasing all those sup_*
  > values to their maximum allowed (no reason not to), but no one
  > (including me, sigh) ever actually did it.  Would anyone like to
  > prepare a patch for that?

I fear that I'm the culprit.  Someone asked for increasing the size of
a certain buffer.  I proposed to increase this buffer to the maximum
allowed value instead of just to double it.  The idea was that if the
buffer is as large as possible there will be no reason to touch the
code later again.

I did not say that all buffers should be increased immediately.  What
I proposed is that when someone asks for increasing a buffer it should
be increased to the maximum allowed value instead of by a small amount.
The sole reason is to prevent developers to be bothered by such
requests again and again.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25