[tex-live] Bug in TexLive 2005 and 2007? Non-writable aux-file

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Mar 11 19:23:18 CET 2007

David Kastrup wrote:

>> to me a file bing locked for writing is not that weird a concept,
>>

> Well, we see the trouble we get into for that.

hm, i thought that the problem is that tex wants to overwrite
jobname.tex or in general may be tricked into overwriting files that are
open for input;  there is no need to handle the normal open for writing
cases in specials ways; so, acrobat is not really an issue here, only
the reason why there is a retry with a same name

Hans