[tex-live] Report on packaging TeX Live for linux

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Fri Mar 9 09:52:37 CET 2007

karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:

> As for the downstream distributions based on collections, well, I
> suppose I have no real objection to making collection-humanities (and
> -science, probably, among others) depend on latexextra, if that's deemed
> desirable.  It would make no difference to standard TL installs.
>
> So I guess that question now goes back to you, and Frank, and whomever
> else might be there in that position ...

Norbert has added a Depends: texlive-latex-base for texlive-humanities
and texlive-science in Debian.  I guess this might not be sufficient in
each use case of the packages included in these collections.  But for
Debian, "Depends" does not mean "everything that might be needed", but
rather "needed to provide a significant amount of functionality".

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)