[tex-live] hosting inst image

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Mar 3 03:00:31 CET 2007

  > Don't really understand MD5s, but is there any benefit in listing
  > what BT terms the "Infohash", which I suspect is BTs way of
  > determining (a) authenticity, and (b) completeness ?

If BT provides its own facilities to check for authenticity and
completeness md5sum is probably not needed.

  >  If so, for .inst, the value is

  > 	081c74403c5fe795593af8026f44a7c03c174e04

  > E&OE (I had to type it in by hand ...).

A <filename>.md5 file usually contains lines like:

<checksum>  <filename>

If you have the md5sum program, all you have to do is to run:

md5sum --check <filename>.md5

I'm sure that GNU md5sum can be compiled on Windows in a MinGW
environment quite easily.

If someone provides a Windows binary we can put it to the TeXLive
support directory.  Tools like this are quite useful and in particular
md5sum is a very useful tool and it is quite small (in respect of disk
usage).

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25