[tex-live] texdoc in luatex

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Thu Jun 28 09:14:19 CEST 2007

Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:

> Reinhard Kotucha writes:
>
>  > However, another nice solution would be to walk through the path
>  > (os.getenv("PATH")).  With other words, write a function which does
>  > the same as the UNIX which command.
>
> I forgot to say this: It would be nice if environment variables like
> TEXDOC_VIEWER_DVI, TEXDOC_VIEWER_HTML, TEXDOC_VIEWER_PDF, ... are
> evaluated before you attempt to search for a program.

That will happen anyway if I query kpse.var_value:

$ grep TEXDOC_VIEWER_DVI /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf
TEXDOC_VIEWER_DVI = evince
$ kpsewhich --var-value='TEXDOC_VIEWER_DVI'
evince
$ TEXDOC_VIEWER_DVI=xdvi kpsewhich --var-value='TEXDOC_VIEWER_DVI'
xdvi

But I want to set sane defaults in case there is nothing in texmf.cnf.
I want texdoc to work even when just copied to a MikTeX or whateverTeX
system (as long as they have luatex, of course).

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)