[tex-live] texdoc in luatex

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Tue Jun 26 14:48:43 CEST 2007

"Martin Schröder" <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:

> 2007/6/26, Frank Küster <frank at kuesterei.ch>:
>> I mean, is it a problem in real life - with the kind of CPU, memory and
>> DVD reader our average user has, and with the typical large-size PDF
>> file in TeXLive:
>
> Probably not. But in my experience you don't gain much by eternally
> compressing PDFs;

Well, I wouldn't call 40 or 50% "not much".  And that's what we're left
with if we do not switch to PDF 1.5.

> and since the decompression is a separate step, it's
> kind of clumsy.

Well, yes - that's what this thread started with, and the question I'm
still interested in:  Should tools like texdoc or viewers like xpdf be
written such that they can transparently access those files, or isn't it
worth it?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster