[tex-live] TeX Live on NetBSD: first steps

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jun 14 19:54:25 CEST 2007

    ...and branch2007/Build contains exactly what the source tarball from
    the iso image contains, isn't it?

Yes.

    /b/tmp/jukka/texlive/2007/bin/fmtutil:
    /b/tmp/jukka/texlive/texmf/texconfig/tcfmgr: not found

I think the tcfmgr script is missing because it is part of the
bin-texconfig package, and you did not install any binaries.
I'm not sure what else might be in the same boat.

So, let me make this new suggestion (sorry): do the install-tl.sh again,
but this time use the b option and go ahead and install i386-linux.
After the install, ignore the bin/i386-linux/ dir and copy in your
netbsd binaries as before.

That way the "binaries" that are actually part of the texmf tree, like
tcfmgr, will get installed.  It would seem I should rearrange the
dependencies somehow, although the right thing is not immediately
apparent to me.

    fmtutil: config file `fmtutil.cnf' not found.

It should be in texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf, although maybe the missing
scripts caused problems.

One other hint: If you have any TeX-related environment variables set,
unset them.

By the way, would you be interested in supplying netbsd binaries in the
next release?

Thanks,
Karl