[tex-live] texdoc under windows

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Jun 12 00:58:06 CEST 2007

Taco Hoekwater writes:

 > The one thing that is definately missing right now is something
 > like 'texluatk'. There is no pTK binding for the latest Lua,
 > and I have not investigated other GUI options yet.

I'm not sure whether it is so important at the moment.  In order to
avoid duplicate code it makes more sense to concentrate on a
command-line interface which provides everything needed by a GUI
wrapper.  I think that we should separate the thing which does all the
work from the user interface in the same way we distinguish between
content and layout if we are using TeX.

So let's write CLI tools but we should always have to keep in mind
that someone wants to provide a GUI wrapper.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25