[tex-live] Misplaced file(s): mathdots

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 1 10:49:40 CEST 2007

Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 02:55:13PM -0500, Dan Luecking wrote:
>
> > [PS:
> > This has happened a few times in past TeXLives and in other TeX
> > distributions. It seems highly likely there will be other
> > such misplacements in the future (and even now). Is there a way
> > of packaging things for CTAN so that this is less likely to
> > happen (apart from a tds ready zip archive)?

isn't it rather indicative that the file is on the ctan generic tree?

i've certainly moved things from there when it was clear that they
_didn't_ work with latex

> In the .ins file the locations can be declared by \usedir.
> I am using this information in the project latex-tds.

i suppose that's fine when you're packaging stuff that "ought" to be on
texmf-dist.  though of course it doesn't work for miktex, whose texmf
trees' names are getting odder and odder (\program files\miktex 2.6\miktex
on my latest install -- i forget what it was last time, but i'm fairly
sure it was different).

not all of us distribute things that are *definitely* going to be
provided as packages by distributions (hence getting around tree naming
problems)...