[tex-live] pdftosrc from Tex Live 2007 packages

Frank Küster frank at debian.org
Fri Jul 27 13:22:25 CEST 2007

Hi,

pdfTeX contains sources for pdftosrc and ttf2afm, but "make all" in
pdftexdir does not compile them:

# pdftex_bin = pdftex ttf2afm pdftosrc
pdftex_bin = pdftex

A user of TeXLive in Debian complained that pdftosrc is missing, and at
a first glance I thought that the lines above were all that needs to be
changed.  But then I found that ttf2afm is built in TeXLive
nevertheless, by some other dependencies probably (it seems to be built
from "make ctangle", hm, strange).

Is there a rationale for enabling one but not the other?  You don't
know, by chance, the clean way to enable pdftosrc, don't you?

Interestingly, the manpage for pdftosrc is still there:

"R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar" <chandra at ee.uwa.edu.au> wrote:

> File Path                                                   Package
> /usr/share/man/man1/pdftosrc.1.gz                           texlive-extra-utils
>
> but no indication of an executable.

TIA, Frank

--
Frank Küster