[tex-live] Embedding TrueType fonts in manuals

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña jfs at computer.org
Tue Jul 24 14:02:45 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 09:39:27AM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> The workflow for producing the Debian installation instructions uses
> *dvipdf*, not dvipdf*m* or dvipdf*mx*.  That's a wrapper which envokes
> dvips and gs.  I have no idea why that was chosen - perhaps just
> "historical reasons".

Actually, the d-i manual uses dvipdf, but many other documents in the Debian
Documentation Project use  debiandoc2latexpdf which uses 'pdflatex' as a
backend. The reason for this is that the d-i manul is written in Docbook-XML
but most other documentation is (still) written using DebiandocSGML.

Are there any known issues/recommendations with pdflatex we should take into
account in the build process?

Regards

Javier