[tex-live] TL 2007 on Solaris 10 update 3 - fmtutil-sys failing.

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Jul 24 13:18:04 CEST 2007

On 23 Jul 2007, at 11:22 pm, Karl Berry wrote:

> Hi Edd,
>
>     Does solaris 10 update 3 have a different set of libs to the
>     previous release
>
> Don't know, but I doubt it.
>
>     or did I do something wrong?
>
> I don't think so.
>
> The xetex binary on i386-linux also dynamically links with libfreetype
> (and libfontconfig and libz and libexpat and libgcc_s, ugh, among
> others).  I forget exactly why this was necessary, but I do believe it
> was intentional.  In any case, that's where we are.  So you do have to
> install those libs.

I think you'll find that the xetex binary is linked dynamically with
libfontconfig, which in turn links with others such as libfreetype
and libexpat... they're not all direct dependencies. Normally, I'd
expect libfontconfig to bring these others along with it, but if your
package manager doesn't automatically ensure they're present then you
might have to install them manually.

JK