[tex-live] TL 2007 on Solaris 10 update 3 - fmtutil-sys failing.

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jul 24 00:22:34 CEST 2007

Hi Edd,

    Does solaris 10 update 3 have a different set of libs to the
    previous release

Don't know, but I doubt it.

    or did I do something wrong?

I don't think so.

The xetex binary on i386-linux also dynamically links with libfreetype
(and libfontconfig and libz and libexpat and libgcc_s, ugh, among
others).  I forget exactly why this was necessary, but I do believe it
was intentional.  In any case, that's where we are.  So you do have to
install those libs.

As for libiconv, it seems most programs on Solaris end up dynamically
linking with that for some reason.  (i386-linux xetex doesn't pull it in.)

Best,
Karl