[tex-live] Better ways to find packages and documentation [was: texdoc in luatex]

Oliver Bandel oliver at first.in-berlin.de
Wed Jul 4 17:04:10 CEST 2007

Hello Norbert,

Zitat von Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>:

[...]
> I wanted to write:
>
>   We want to reduce data redundancy *in the source packages*!!!
>
>   The TLPOBJ files *CAN* (and hopefully will) be enriched with additional
>   information from the catalogue, but first I have to write a catalogue
>   access Perl module (and read xml, grrrr ;-).

Can you give me the URL of such a file as well as the information
you want to have extracted from it and how it should look like?!

Perl is not the best way to make such things, even if there might be
XML-modules on CPAN.

There are other possibiklities.

As far as I understand, this extraction is done, before
the DVD-image will be created and therefore there is no
limitation to the programming language?
If every language can be used, because this conversion
runs on a server, not during instalation, please let me know.
The I could try something new.

>   We want to include at least
>   - title/long description
>   - some version/license information