[tex-live] Patches for dvidvi

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 2 18:48:15 CEST 2007

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Jul 2007, Robin Fairbairns wrote:
> > > What I wanted to say is that since it seems that there is no upstream,
> > > we at TeX Live are caring for that the stuff still compiles, fits into
> > > TeX Live etc. In this sense upstream.
> >
> > but we shouldn't expect a copy of the updated package, except as part of
> > texlive?
> >
> > should we delete dviware/dvidvi now?
>
> Why? Hmm I seem to misunderstand your english, I don't see a reason to
> remove it.

because ctan isn't to hold a current version any longer, if i understand
you correctly.  (the alternative is to move the ctan holding to the
obsolete tree, but this sends a troublesome message from the catalogue
-- obsolete could mean something like "doesn't work with current
systems" ... in the same way as many latex 2.09 packages are going off
the main tree.)