[tex-live] new tl images 20070128 ... please test urgently

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Jan 30 02:38:05 CET 2007

  > Hartmut Henkel wrote:

  >> maybe these times come back. New stylish Nokia N800 has an 18 x
  >> 86 xterm

  > With full VT100 emulation, of course ?!

Is a VT100 emulation something difficult to implement?  I've seen this
thing in Marrakech.  This little thing provides everything you need:
pdftex, a pdf-viewer, ssh, bash, X11, ...  Quite impressive.

And the xterm it provides is most likely the same xterm I'm using at
home.

Phil, all the things we laughed about when we watched "Starship
Enterprise" in TV in the 70es are reality now.  Many mobile phones are
much smaller today than those they had at this time and many of them
support voice processing (i.e. instead of dialing a number you can
simply say "Captain Kirk" and you'll be connected with him).

All this science-fiction stuff is reality already.

BTW., many years ago IBM built a wrist watch which contained a
complete Linux system plus X11.  It certainly had been the most
expensive computer in the world.  But it had been proven that you can
put a (more or less) complete Linux system into a wrist watch.  And
this happened many years ago.

Today, I guess, much more is possible and VT100 emulation should
not be a problem at all.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25