[tex-live] "Live DVD" doesn't work on Windows

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 14:25:27 CET 2007

Hello,

I tried to use TeXLive DVD and run it "Live" from DVD on Windows, but
it failed during "setup":

can't read "gsanswer": no such variable
can't read "gsanswer": no such variable
    while executing
"source $filewinpostinstall"
    invoked from within
".f.nb.frm0.f.f2.b invoke "
    invoked from within
".f.nb.frm0.f.f2.b instate {pressed !disabled} { .f.nb.frm0.f.f2.b
state !pressed; .f.nb.frm0.f.f2.b invoke } "
    (command bound to event)

So I tried to install it then, but when I tried to choose the "ConTeX
scheme", it appeared to be empty. I don't know about the rest, but at
least context, metapost and xetex should be added to that scheme by
default.

XeTeX and ConTeXt seem to work seamlessly once the two packages are
installed, which makes me happy ;)

The first problem described above is critical, the second one should
be nicec to resolve, but here are some additional comments that would
be nice to have, but are not urgent - if they would be added next
year, it would still be OK:
- here is no information about which packages are installed already
- search for packages is not working (whatever I type in "search"
field, I always get all the packages listed)

So much for now ... (sorry for not testing it before)
    Mojca