[tex-live] texlive docs --- lucida fonts?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jan 24 22:01:46 CET 2007

    want to serve up http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/Type1fonts right

There are a lot of CTAN mirrors, not to mention the three backbones.  I
bet one of them will work, e.g., try http://www.tex.ac.uk/.  Not to
mention that the Type1fonts document is in TL, which I gather you
already downloaded.  As far as I know it is still relevant, though I
don't know how much help you'll find it for the particular case of
Lucida.

    I also looked at http://www.tug.org/store/lucida/order.html , an

All the Lucida files distributed by TUG except the actual pfb's are on
CTAN (http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/fonts/psfonts/bh/lucida/), so you
can read them there.  The installation documentation is not extensive.
It basically says, "unpack the archive in texmf-local".  And I haven't
yet managed to add an item talking about the potential need to run
updmap.

So in your case, what you want to do is get the lucida.zip file from
CTAN, unpack it in texmf-local, and then copy your pfb's to the right
place.