[tex-live] major problem with latin modern fonts in texlivetest2007-inst-20070121.iso?

Florent Rougon f.rougon at free.fr
Mon Jan 22 08:54:56 CET 2007

Hi,

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez <artemiog at mac.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion! I ran "updmap-sys --enable Map=lm-math.map", which
> indeed fixed the problem, but only after a few pk fonts were generated. In
> your message, however, you mention that proper T1 fonts should be used after
> lm-math.map is enabled, so I'm not sure if things are working as expected
> (although I should say that both the dvi and pdf files display correctly, even
> after considerable magnification).

You can use 'pdffonts foo.pdf' to find out which fonts are embedded in
foo.pdf, whether they are Type 1 or Type 3 fonts, etc. This will tell
you whether any LM font was embedded in bitmap format.

Note: pdffonts is presumably shipped with xpdf, since it comes in the
      Debian xpdf-utils package.

--
Florent