[tex-live] major problem with latin modern fonts in texlivetest2007-inst-20070121.iso?

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez artemiog at mac.com
Sun Jan 21 19:57:18 CET 2007

After installing texlivetest2007-inst-20070121.iso, I've had a major
problem with latex documents using latin modern fonts through

\usepackage{lmodern}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

These documents don't displaying correctly (both the dvi and pdf); more
precisely, the math fonts are replaced by the roman font, and the
document takes forever to display and looks like gibberish. I diffed the
psfonts.map files in 20070120 and 20070121, and there were new entries
in the latter for all sorts of lm fonts, but I'm not sure what's the
impact of this on my problem. In any case, what I do know is that none
of this happened with previous test (inst) versions up to 20070120.

Cheers,

Artemio

P.S. This is much less important, but I've also noted a couple of
glitches regarding texconfig. First of all, arrow keys have stopped
working (I must use the +/- keys, which is less convenient; I'm using
ncurses 5.6 on Mac OS X 10.4.8). Also, it is impossible to open
config.ps via texconfig (when you select it in the dvips menu you just