[tex-live] texmf-dist/doc/xelatex/xltxtra/xltxtra.pdf

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 19 23:59:09 CET 2007

>     xpdf's pdftops is not half as picky as pdf2ps
>
> That could indicate bugs in pdf2ps, rather than in the pdf files ...

I pored over the gs changelogs (the HistoryN.htm files) and the
authors seem very careful about compliance with PDF standards.  It has
many entries of the form "add workaround for buggy pdf file that
Acroread silently accepts."  So I lean toward trusting gs (but your
point is still valid).

-Sanjoy

`Not all those who wander are lost.' (J.R.R. Tolkien)