[tex-live] Bad .cfg files in TeX source tree?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 15:37:33 CET 2007

2007/1/19, David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org>:
> Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> writes:

> I think this is too complicated.  Packages should just check whether
> \pdfpagewidth is defined and set it if it is.
>
> Whether the actual engine is PDFTeX, XeTeX, Aleph or whatever else is
> rather irrelevant.

If \pdfoutput=0, \pdfpagewidth is available but has no effect. I think
that packages should rely on ifpdf.sty and test \ifpdf. It should be
set no matter which engine is actually used. Thus if the logic has to
be changed in the future, it will be changed in one place and all
other packages may benefit from it.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/