[tex-live] texmf.cnf paths for format files

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jan 19 01:17:15 CET 2007

    TEXFORMATS = .;$TEXMF/web2c/{$engine,}//

Why not.  I checked it in.

    kpsewhich finds the pdftex- based formats by default (at least for
    me; is this based on ASCII ordering?);

AFAIK it's random (hash table order).  I get xetex first.  (Of course if
$engine is set, that dir will be searched first.)

What troubles me is that kpsewhich --all cont-en.fmt still only returns
one .fmt.  Got broken somewhere along the line.  Plus --all isn't in the
--help string.  Oh well.  Next time.