[tex-live] texmf.cnf paths for format files

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 18 15:12:14 CET 2007

> Yes, but we are talking about TeX Live 2006/7.

I know.  I was using the TL 2005 setup as an example of how a setup
could be be arranged yet not confuse the naive user.

> After some discussion fmtutil was patches so that ALL (!!! *all*)
> formats go into engine specific directories in TL2007.

Ah, I saw the discussion about fmtutil but had assumed, without
checking into it, that the engine formats themselves wouldn't go into
$engine/.  Thanks for the clarification.

> Too late now. We decided to go for all or nothing in engine-dirs.

Agreed.

-Sanjoy

`Not all those who wander are lost.' (J.R.R. Tolkien)