[tex-live] filename clash (upper/lower case)

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jan 16 22:41:38 CET 2007

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

>   > but case sensitive systems are an even more pain ... esp since
>   > they assume that the users are case sensitive (which, if i see
>   > what many-parties files we have do deal with here many users
>   > aren't) ...  actually space-sensitive is even worse
>
> But the world is moving towards UTF-8.  How should this work on a
> system which does not even support ASCII properly?

afaik windows is unicode below the surface so the problem is not in the operating system; it's user dicipline which counts; also, in about 10 years file systems have become databases anyway

btw, os and filesystem is one things .. in this internet time i run onto those %20 escaped named more and more and these are even worse (and for tex systems not that handy either -)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE