[tex-live] texconfig init

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Jan 15 23:16:11 CET 2007

  >> I never have seen this behavior in teTeX.
  > But it actually comes from teTeX (3.0):

  >    init)
  >      case $2 in
  >        "")
  >          fmtutil --all || rc=1
  >          texlinks --multiplatform || rc=1
  >          updmap || rc=1
  >          ;;

  > This could be changed. I think that nothing really depends on it.

Hi Thomas,
I suppose that you had the menu in mind which provides an option "view
logfile".  In this case it makes sense.

However, when run from the command line it is more desirable if a
program aborts when it encounters an error.

I suggest to just remove the updmap line.  texlinks is not so verbose
that it hurts.

Karl, what do you think?

Regards,
  Reinhard