[tex-live] font map files?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Jan 14 19:24:59 CET 2007

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

>> AFAIK Context uses \pdfmapfile (I really wish that LaTeX will do the
>> same in the future) and if it doesn't work I suppose that the ls-R
>> database is not up-to-date.
>>
> pdflatex and pdftex can use \pdfmapfile too.

every package that uses pdftex can, but the question is 'does the
package use it'; this feature has been around in pdftex for quite a
while is \pdfmapline for individual map entries (add, remove, overload);
using this primitive can help you to avoid inclusion mess of old
documents due to changed or updated fonts as well asl keep your font
files more organized (esp when you have a truckload of fonts not
included in tex live)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE