[tex-live] font map files?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sun Jan 14 11:36:05 CET 2007

Frank Küster wrote:

>>This will fix context's dvipdfmx support quickly, as well as
>>keep the new files confined within the context package so that
>>changes can be made easily if the need arises (next year).
>
> Well, "confined within the context package" - I'm not sure what this
> means.  I haven't investigated, but usually if kpathsea searchs a
> directory (fonts/map/dvipdfm/), it will also search subdirectories, no
> matter how they are called.

I meant to say: they will become part of the "context" package,
instead of being part of each of the separate font packages

Since context is the only package that uses dvipdfmx' runtime
fontmap support it does not actually matter where the files go as
long as they are somewhere below font/map/dvipdfm, but putting the
files in e.g. font/map/dvipdfm/lm would confuse the build system
(though I *do* believe that that is where the files *should* be).

Best,

Taco