[tex-live] font map files?

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Sun Jan 14 11:26:14 CET 2007

Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Unless overnight someone comes up with a compelling reason for
> me not to, I intend to seed fonts/map/dvipdfm/context/ with a
> few dozen extra map files in the morning (all mechanically
> derived from their dvips counterparts).

Sounds good.

> This will fix context's dvipdfmx support quickly, as well as
> keep the new files confined within the context package so that
> changes can be made easily if the need arises (next year).

Well, "confined within the context package" - I'm not sure what this
means.  I haven't investigated, but usually if kpathsea searchs a
directory (fonts/map/dvipdfm/), it will also search subdirectories, no
matter how they are called.

But since the contents of the files are generated from the current
information, I don't see any danger here.

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)