[tex-live] font map files?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Jan 13 22:22:26 CET 2007

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

>   > if one uses the dvipdfm driver, for example, it still finds maps
>   > from the dvips subtree, and these may result in warning messages.
>
> This is curious.  It should read dvipdfm.map created by updmap
> instead of searching the tree.

It can also be instructed to read other map files, by means of
\special information. Context uses that to get at the same end
result as for \pdfmapfile, but the problem is that many font
packages obviously do not ship dvipdfmx-ready map files.

Latin-modern in ConTeXt worked fine with dvipdfmx until it
switched to the map files shipped with the latin modern
because that package (it turns out) is dvips-only.

How updmap is still capable of constructing a valid dvipdfm.map
without there being source files below fonts/map/dvipdfm.map
is not clear to me, but I assume there is another source somewhere.

Best,
Taco