[tex-live] dvipos build fails

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jan 11 15:59:08 CET 2007

Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
>>> the build dies in dvipos
>>>
>> Why aren't I surprised.
>>

> The egg is on my face not Karl's.  dvipos's only user is ConTeXt, I
> believe, and I urged Karl to include dvipos so that ConTeXt in dvi
> mode works with positional graphics.

more precise ... context always supported positional info in both pdf
and dvi mode; at some point pdftex provided positional info only in pdf
mode, now also in dvi mode (which reminds me to look into it), but xetex
and aleph still need the special + dvipos based alternative (actually,
dvipos used to be a perl script by taco and was later made into a
program by Chof; it was always part of the windows web2c binary package).

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE