[tex-live] build fails on x86_64-linux

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jan 10 22:10:59 CET 2007

    utils.h:32:31: kpathsea/kpathsea.h: No such file or directory

I added -I../../../texk to the Makefile to hopefully find the kpathsea
srcdir.  There is no real configure or srcdir support.  If the build
tree needs to find texk in some other place, you'll have to override by
hand.  No chance to do better now.

    dvicore.c: In function `new_bbox':
    dvicore.c:202: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
    dvicore.c:203: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

I don't know if these warnings are because kpathsea.h was missing, or a
32/64-bit issue, or if they are a real problem at all, or what.  I'd
say, if you can get a binary, call it good.

Thanks for trying it so quickly.

karl