[tex-live] problem with texmf.cnf in texlive-inst-2007-01-06

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez artemiog at mac.com
Sat Jan 6 19:44:55 CET 2007

I just installed the latest TeXLive test (inst) image on my PowerBook G4
(running Mac OS X 10.4.8), and ran into a (minor) problem. Namely,
during the installation I set $HOME/Library/texmf as my home texmf tree
   (d 4 $HOME/Library/texmf), but after the installation process
finished I checked texmf.cnf (found by kpsewhich in
/usr/local/texlive/2007-01-06/texmf/web2c/) and noticed that TEXMFHOME
was still set as $HOME/texmf.

Hope this helps,

Artemio

P.S. fmtutil.cnf was recently changed to correct the entry for pdfetex.
However, now the entry for pdftex lists language.def as the pattern
file, even if as far as I know (at least up till recently) plain pdftex
doesn't use any pattern file. So shouldn't the entry for pdftex read

pdftex          pdftex  -    -translate-file=cp227.tcx *pdftex.ini

?