[tex-live] OSFONTDIR in texmf.cnf-4WIN

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Jan 6 02:57:12 CET 2007

  >> OSFONTDIR = /$systemroot/fonts//

  > OK, thanks, will do.

Thanks.

  > I'm in despair with all things to do, missing documentation and
  > all that mess with somehow unfortunate discussion concerning fmt.

I must admit that when I answered I did not even had the Windows
problems in mind.  Though it is easy to put a few lines to UNIX shell
scripts, it is more difficult to port these changes to Windows.
Though I personally dislike Windows very much I think TeXLive should
behave similar on ALL systems.  As I said a few days ago, almost
everything can be done if many people contribute, but it seems that
this is not the case.  And it is simply an unfortunate time to ask
for new features.

On the other hand I completely agree with Gerben:

If you want to have things changed, announce it as soon as possible.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25