[tex-live] Problems with dviout (Win32)

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Thu Jan 4 18:31:21 CET 2007

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, Gregor Zimmermann wrote:

> Works well (with change TL2006 -> TeXLive2006). What about including
> texmf-local\fonts in TEXROOT of dviout? I thought that everything
> user-/machine-specific should go there - including fonts (Futura in my
> case).

Ah, good point, thanks. I hope Tomasz will include it shortly.

> By the way: With the standard options for installation, everything was
> installed to C:\TeXLive2006 except texmf-local which was placed
> directly on C:\. Is this intentional?

Well, it follows the way of the TL project to keep texmf-local outside
TLRoot, for eg. quick uninstall/reinstall (quite the same is in MiKTeX).
You can install TL in any directory (or disk), btw.

Thanks for testing, and please keep on doing that, as we are rather in a
hurry and need some help. You can always check
ftp://ftp.gust.org.pl/pub/Projekty/tlpmgui/
get the latest *-setup.zip, unpack it in the local directory and play with
it only pointing to your current CD (or even mounted image file, just to
spare time for burning; see: http://www.daemon-tools.cc).
Please, remove your TL installation before, for a sake.

Thanks,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl