[tex-live] [NTG-pdftex] \pdffontattr in pdftex-1.40.0-rc4

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Tue Jan 2 02:00:41 CET 2007

"AK" == Akira Kakuto writes:

 AK> In this respect, the released version seems to be the same as
 AK> rc4: I see the warning with cmap.sty.

i think that this is happening because both cmap.sty and the new
pdftex try to assign the /ToUnicode font attribute: cmap.sty directly
via \pdffontattr and the new pdftex internally via it's new feature:

- Fonts:
  - support for subfonts: This creates all needed map entries for subfonts
    automatically and handles Unicode mappings
  - ToUnicode entries for Type1 fonts (patch 580)

probably pdftex should not auto-assign the /ToUnicode mapping if a
macro-package does this explicitly.

Best,
v.