[tex-live] OpenBSD

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Jan 1 21:52:17 CET 2007

On 1 Jan 2007, at 8:33 pm, Martin Schröder wrote:

> Hi,
> I've tried compiling TL on OpenBSD 4.0/i386.
>
> Issues:
> - the freetype2 configure needs either a gnu-make as make, or in the
> variable $GNUMAKE. $MAKE is ignored. :-(

I don't know how the variables work, but GNU make is definitely a
requirement (also for the ICU libs, I believe). Personally, I'd
probably just make a symlink.

> - the configure scripts expect fontconfig includes and lib to be under
> ohne root; this is not the case on OpenBSD. I have
> /usr/X11R6/include/fontconfig/ and
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so.3.0. I think we need
> --with-fontconfig-libdir and --with-fontconfig-include.

I think it should work to use --with-fontconfig=/usr/X11R6 in this
case, as the scripts will then expect to find include/ and lib/
directories under this (and the fontconfig headers are always placed
in a further fontconfig/ dir, so that source files typically say
"#include <fontconfig/fontconfig.h>".

JK