[tex-live] tex live 2007 released

Jean-Pierre Chretien Jean-Pierre.Chretien at cert.fr
Fri Feb 23 16:20:28 CET 2007

>>Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 00:44:12 +0100
>>From: karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry)
>>To: tex-live at tug.org
>>Subject: [tex-live] tex live 2007 released
>>
>>The TL 2007 iso.zip file is on
>>http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/systems/texlive/Images/
>>and will presumably make it around the rest of CTAN in due course.

Hello,

Thanks for this new release of TL. Installation on Sparc Solaris
works fine from the live iso image.

However I tried to compile from source, and I get this when I run Build in the
top diriectory (this configure is run from downstrean, I replayed it
from the top dir):
<cite>
/bin/sh libs/teckit/configure  --prefix=/usr/local/Packages/texlive2007/inst
--datadir=/usr/local/Packages/texlive2007/inst --with-xdvi-x-toolkit=xaw
'--bindir=${prefix}/bin/sparc-sun-solaris2.8' --enable-static
--cache-file=config.cache  --srcdir=libs/teckit
configure: creating cache config.cache
checking for a BSD-compatible install... libs/teckit/install-sh -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C++
compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.
</cite>

Any clue ?

TIA