[tex-live] Kpathsea in TL2007

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 23:21:20 CET 2007

On 2/19/07, Vladimir Volovich <vvv at vsu.ru> wrote:

> "GNW" == George N White writes:
>
>  GNW> A tex option to list all the files actually used by a document
>  GNW> (including .tfm, .map, and font files) together with their
>  GNW> md5sums, would be very helpful.
>  >>
>  >> there is such an option: -recorder (except it doesn't compute
>  >> md5sums, but it is trivial to do afterwards)
>
>  GNW> For pdftex-1.40.3, -recorder doesn't report the .tfm files.
>
> it does. (except for the .tfm files which are preloaded into the
> format; these are not opened at runtime, and thus not reported by
> recorder)

Does pdftex peek at the .tfm files to compare checksums?

TL20070212,

$ pdflatex -recorder grafguide

I looked at screen output (in an emacs buffer) and the .log file.  On
linux, struss reports opening the .tfm files, e.g.,

open("/mnt/hdb/opt/tex/texlive/20070212/texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/public/cm/cmss10.tfm",
O_RDONLY) = 6

but searching the emacs shell buffer or grepping the log, cmss10 only
shows in the list of fonts as cmss10.pfb.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia