[tex-live] TeXLive2007.02.09 and Windows Vista

George Pearson george.pearson at mackichan.com
Sat Feb 10 01:01:47 CET 2007

I downloaded texlivetest2007-inst-20070209.iso and created a CD.

I had created a user with my name under Vista and added myself to the
Administrators group.  When I ran the TeXLive installation I had turned on
the "Install for all users" check box.  This is the case with the older
build where the install would just hang.  With this build the install would
complete in this case, but would not update environment variables.  If I
install with my user name and leave the check box turned off, the install
completes and appropriate environment variables are added to the user
environment area.

If I sign on using the Administrator account, I can turn on the check box
and the install completes properly and system level environment variables
are updated.

So, I'd say that for Vista, the system Administrator account must be used if
the intent is to install for all users.

Regards,

George Pearson
MacKichan Software, Inc.