[tex-live] tlpmgui on vista

Yule Wang yuleopen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 13:16:43 CET 2007

> I'm sorry but I'm user WinXP Polish and English edition only and I have not
> possibility test tlpmgui on Chinese, Japanese, Slovakian, Russian, Spanish,
> German, French, Dutch, Portugese, Greek, Italian or other European, Asian,
> African etc. edition of Windows. It's impossible.

well, maybe you can use the english version to test it if you have the windows
xp english version install cd.

just set your username in chinese or other asian languages will do. for example
"用戶" (I write one here for you to copy and paste it to the control panel-> add
new user). After that just login that name , and test the exe file.

if you cannot do that, maybe you need to set your system language into chinese
using the *english* version xp install cd (go to the control panel, double click
the language. go to the language tab, select install files for the Asian
language, go to the advance tab, choose simplified chinese, insert the english
version installtion cd and press ok and begin installtion for the chinese
support or something like that. After 3 minutes it will ask you to reboot the
system. reboot it and everything is ok)

> I and tlpmgui team expect tests by TeX community, but not two days before
> sending image to production.

Well, we dont think it is good to teach the users how to set their temp
environment to c:\temp. what's more, it is not teaching them to *set* the
environment, but asking them to *overwrite* it. It's not proper to do so.