[tex-live] new pdftex binary for TeX Live

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Feb 5 11:55:11 CET 2007

On Fre, 02 Feb 2007, Karl Berry wrote:
>     So this search path from compile time will go onto the DVDs also
>     (for no use, but it doesn't hurt either).
>
> Right.  I discussed this with Reinhard and Norbert.  It's not entirely
> clear how to clean it up, because that fallback path is actually
> relevant in the Debian (etc.) builds.  We decided it was best to "do
> nothing".

Well more or less. I mentioned that on Debian we have *cleaned* this
compile time path from the binaries and replaced it with the well known
path the files will have.

But this does work only for binaries with a known destination.

Still, for next year we should hack the code that the compile time
search path does not include some strange directories, but only some
well known locations (/usr/share/texmf/web2c, /u/local/s/t/web2c,
/opt/texlive/texmf/web2c or whatever) plus the usual find in same
hierachy (../share/texmf/web2c, etc)

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>                    Università di Siena